Tuesday 15 January 2013

Final Inspiration: Graham Holland


After going through some experiments and seeing what work well and what didn't. My final outcome is going to be a collage/photomontage of buildings and scenery of London. I feel this will benefit my photography skills in the taking the photographs and in the darkroom with different experiments such as solarisation, double exposure are photograms. This photo collage will also benefit my graphics skill by maybe incorporating some graphic techniques into it, also my cutting skills as I have used in the previous project. 

This image above was an inspiration from the start of the personal project, even though I had a few changes along the way with thinking of ways to present my outcome and with different experiments. I feel that this idea is very simple but I could hopefully achieve so much in how carefully I cut around different sections of the buildings and how well I place them on the mounted sheet of paper. I want to achieve something where you can look at my outcome and not realise where the cuts and joins from each photos are. I want people to look at my work from a far and just see a massive 'photograph' but as you look closer you would be able to see that the London Eye is next to Nelsons Column ect... 

I will be developing lots of photographs all in black and white, in a range of large, medium and small images. I will also adding some solarisation pictures to the collage with also  a possibility of photograms of train tickets and a tube map. Hopefully this simple idea will be able to get me the best possible marks, and enhance the key areas that I am more successful in.


This website was the reason for my inspiration: Graham Holland. His website is full of different landscapes of architectures, around the world such as New York, Blackpool, and also collages of celebrities. Definition  of City Scape's...  

Graham Holland is an award winning photographic artist, who specializes in creating photo montages of the urban landscape. He has worked across the world for different companies creating photomontages of different scenarios but his main intentions are to create Cityscapes. Photomontages are about putting together images of buildings or people or objects that would not necessary be put together or are not even relevant towards each other. I feel this is a really unique and original idea, that really just shows off the photographs that have been taken, without any dramatic changes or experiments added to the photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment