Thursday 21 March 2013

Selective Development Masking

A technique that I really enjoyed was Selective Development Making, this meant trying to create a mask out of black paper, exposing part of the image in focus. then covering up the exposed area with a smaller piece of card, un-focus the rest of the image then develop this as normal. I experimented with seven photos that I thought would work quite well with this experiment. With all of these images I like that there is a scene going on behind the main subject matter of the person or animal. I like the way that you are drawn into the focus part of the image, then are drawn into the unfocused background. i believe that I works really well together. I also like how the paper that has exposed and then hidden the focused image has created a sort of border around the masked image, making the picture seem more abstracted and more technical. Even though all of the background on each of the seven photographs are completely out of focus, you can still see a lot of definition coming through where the original picture was in focus when I captured the image with my camera.  I really do like this effect because it is very unique and is something that I may try this technique again as development into making my final outcome, linking to the theme of 'Inside, Outside and Inbewteen'. 














3 comments:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Architecture Photographer London

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. female portrait photographer

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this usefull article, waiting for this article like this again. Wedding

    ReplyDelete