Friday 2 November 2012

Sandwich printing

Sandwich printing is another word for double exposure in the darkroom. I basically choose two photos that i thought would work quite well together. I choose a stature and the crystal palace radio tower. I thought the outcome worked quite well, eventually. It was quite difficult to get the right times for the images because you would have to expose the piece of paper for much longer, than for just one print. 




I do like this effect, but in my opinion I feel that it is a great experiment but i would like to get the right balance of photos in the photograph. This is because my other experiment with sandwich printing didn't work out as well, this was because of the amount of detail that was in both of the images and how dark it was. However even though I do like the darkroom sandwich prints, i feel that digital double exposures are much more effective and easier to create, because you don't really need to had a correct timing or expose the negative on to photographic paper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment