Sunday 30 September 2012

Digital Solarisation

Solarisation is photography term in which the image recorded on a negative or on a photographic print is partially reversed in the way it looks. Dark areas appear light or light areas appear dark.


Firstly to create this image we had to upload an image to photoshop that I thought would work quite well with this effect. I chose this image of the Orbit in the Olympic/Paralympic park. 

Once it was uploaded into photoshop I made the picture black and white, so it would work perfectly with the solarisation effect. Then I added curves into the photo to get a more realistic effect of the solarised outcome.


Then I added a lot more curves into the black and white photograph, this was the final out come. I really like the digital effect that is shown, because it looks sort of authentic and different to any other images I've seen using the Solarisation effects. Also when you look at the photograph is looks more eye-catching as a solarised image than a normal photo in my opinion. >>

After making the final outcome of the solarised image, I played around with the different effect and came across a effect that added 3 different colours to the image. I used the solarised image to added the colours because i thought it would work better with a edited picture. The two outcomes are below.   



No comments:

Post a Comment