Thursday 23 August 2012

Photo Collage

For the first part of our summer work we were asked to create a collage using different materials and photos inspired by Quentin Jones and Michelle Thompson. The work consist of different images all put together layered on one another to create an unusual effect. 



I took parts of each artist images and created my own. 

This is my final out come of the photo collage. I firstly painted on the background which was the blue and green. Then added a mixture of red, orange and yellow to make the sun. I thought it would be a good idea to swirl the three colours together to make a unique shape for the sun.
Next i looked in a magazine to find a few pictures that could be quite useful to together. I found 4 pictures that could work quite well together, they were a orange car, a little girl and two adults. The reason why i thought they could work well together because it may look like a family outing. I added black water colour paint on top as i thought it could add a different effect, that looks like the 'family' are drifting apart.

I like the use of making collages because you can be very creative and imaginative, as if you make a mistake it doesnt really matter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment